Keeping, monitoring, and controlling wellhead performance is a vital part of any successful oilfield operation. Controlling flow and pressure, based on real time updates, enables you manage production and safety conditions. You can successfully maintain eﬃcient operations with your wells and minimize downtime by using this control solution.
How Automation Works
The wellhead choke acts to reduce pressure to the Hydroplex control valve. The well head choke is not used for regulation and hence is not sized for controlling the ﬂow. Over the life of a production well, the reservoir pressure drops as ﬂuids are depleted from the reservoir. With dropping reservoir pressure the well head choke may have to be resized to maintain the same well production levels.
The Hydroplex automated valve (Secondary Pressure Drop and Control Point) is the regulating ﬂow/pressure control device designed to maintain a steady production level into ﬂow lines and production headers. The Hydroplex valve is controlled by the production management system (PMS). The PMS automatically controls open/close/throttling modes via electric or pneumatic signals from the control panel to regulate the ﬂow into downstream processes.
This method ultimately yields better production control because of the staged drop. The secondary valve regulates ﬂow or pressure to required production levels. Cost of acquisition and maintenance is also substantially reduced.
Benefits of Installing a Hydroplex Valve
- Precise Control with “Direct Mount” Actuation, no brackets, linkage or adapters
- Superior Resolution and Accuracy with 270 Degree Rotation and Twin Disc trim
- High Repeatability Rate maintains unparalleled control in applications
- Twin Disc Design separates control and sealing surfaces for longer useful life
- Robust Stem and Seal design integration provides for hundreds of thousands of cycles
- Solid Tungsten Carbide Trim minimizes seal and control surface wear
- Longest Mean Time Between Service with Stainless Steel internals
- Chemical Injection Port in the body
- Optional internal MultiStage Pressure Drop capability
Sizing & Application Assistance
Hydroplex’s continuous research and development results in improved products to better serve the industry. Comprehensive assistance for sizing and application are provided through Hydroplex engineering.